Thursday, July 25, 2013

DVR recorded movie ratings #14

OOOoh okay, check me out. I'm a roll on actually posting some movie reviews as quick as I can (two this week!!! Can you believe that?!?!?). Ya, I know it's not THAT exciting, just blame it on my lack of sleep. I swear I'm going to start taking something in order to fall asleep sooner than 4a.m.
So my husband knows I do these reviews, but doesn't even bother to read them or ask me about them or even go to my site. Fuck, I don't even know if he knows the url. At times, he watches my DVR movies with me, other times he doesn't. But, I HATE HATE HATE when he takes control of the remote after a movie has ended and decides to erase it from our DVR recording list. As soon as he does that, I ask him, "are you going to remember the name of this movie so I can write my review?" , then it dawns on him that OoOooh ya, the wife does this boring shit because she thinks people actually read her movie review blog when in fact there is only 1 follower and it's a friend from back in Cali who probably hasn't even read a single review of hers since my wife was added to her list of who she is following, and even then she was just being nice because my wife follows her on her on blog. No, I don't think he actual thinks this, it's just me ranting, because he deletes the movies (when by the time I review the movie, I may have forgotten the title of it, and because MAYBE I want to keep the movie, so I can watch it again later on) before I review them, and  don't think he realizes that these posts take quite some time to write about.
  • On The Shoulders Of Giants: The Story Of The Greatest Time You Never Heard Of: See sometimes I am nice enough to record stuff that may appeal more to my hubby than me. This was somewhat the case on this documentary. My main reason for recording this was because my hubby loves basketball, especially old teams. I recorded this because Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was the writer and narrator of it. The film has to do with an all black team WAY back in the 1930's and how they were the greatest team of basketball of ALL TIME. I mean ALL THE FUCKEN TIME. Since, I think basketball has existed. I'm talking about 84 out of 90 games won. I'm talking about playing 10 games in 8 days. And the were called the Harlem Renaissance. So why haven't many people heard about this fucken baddass team? Because they were black. At some point, when the Celtics were the best of the best, they played against the Rens and won. They played again and ended up losing. The Celtics lost so badly that they decided to call it an exhibition game and not a regular game. In order words, they were ashamed to have lost to an all black team. This documentary features retired players, sons of the Rens players, and some coaches. It was a very moving and motivating film. I hope more people know about this film than I think, because I had never heard of this until a day before I saw it. I give this 5 Daisy-girls.
  •  Take This Waltz: Oh my god! Uhm ya, go see this fucken movie. I loved it! Pretty sad, but can't help that I cheered for the main character to go after what she wants, but felt ashamed because of what actually happened. This movie stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, and Luke Kirby (cutie!). Michelle and Seth are married, Luke is a neighbor. It's cute how Luke and Michelle kind of flirt, but are well aware that this cannot happen between them...at first anyway. The little tingle of excitement that something is interrupting your normal everyday life, especially when your husband, who you adore is too busy trying to write a cookbook about chicken. I don't really care for Seth Rogen and my hubby and I had a convo if he has ever done a movie in which he doesn't smoke weed or talk about it. Not that we see a lot of his movies, but ya, we were wrong in this movie. He's pretty clean. haha. Anyway, ya ooh this movie. I love it a lot. I give this movie 5 Daisy-girls.
  • Velvet Goldmine: I have seen this movie on a lot of movie lists to watch. Hmm, does that make sense? This movie stars a lot of good actors: Ewan McGregor (yum!), Christian Bale (yum!), Toni Collette, and Jonathan Rhys Myers. Lots of glitter clothes and bad clothes, but the music was pretty kick-ass. I know I won't be saying much about what the movie is about, but I would recommend it. There is a little note at the beginning of the movie, how it is not based on a real story, but to turn it up full volume. I recommend this. The music is great. Sadly, I couldn't do this because I was watching it kind of late in the night. I give this movie 5 Daisy-girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment