Saturday, August 17, 2013

DVR recorded movie ratings #19

Been pretty busy lately. My best friend came to visit us from Houston. Ya, it's only a 3-hour drive, but it was awesome seeing and spending time with her. I love this girl to death and have been doing so for the past 15 years. I've also been on a couple of job interviews, some good and some not so good. I wish people would advertise EXACTLY what they are looking for, not give a general description of a job offer and once you're at the interview a whole bunch of other tasks and job hats that they want you to be responsible for. I got a few job offers and one I had to turn down, the pay was less than what I was getting in Houston, it was past downtown, and I would be wearing too many job titles. So I said forget it to that job even though the director kept insisting that it wasn't going to be too overwhelming. The other job offer sounds great, but then I went to the orientation and ever since then there has been something bothersome ticking at me with that position. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's starting to really bother me. I'm waiting to hear from another place on Monday, I've gone to two interviews and on the last one she asked what position I would want there at the school (as if I had already gotten the job). We'll see what happens this following week. So, because of all this going on, I haven't really had time to watch as many movies as I was doing in past few weeks.
  • Textuality: I caught this movie during the last movie review. I tend to do my reviews in the morning and this movie was on, except when I tried to find it on IMDb, I couldn't. Let me clear this up, when the movie was on, it was under a different title, it's actually called Sexting. So, when I went to look up more information on it, I couldn't. I had to type in the actors names and take it from there, and there it was under the title Textuality. I didn't search to find this movie on cable, it just happened to be on for background noise purposes. And I must say, it wasn't too bad. The new title for this movie sucks, because they don't do that and it sounds as if it would be a Lifetime movie. Note to Lifetime: I'm not mocking you or your movies, in fact, I love them. Ask my hubby. Anyway, a guy hits a girl on a bike with his car, he offers to buy her a new bike and the go drink coffee. Exchange numbers to seal the deal on the new bike and they start texting. He has a girlfriend and she has sex buddies (4 of them, 1 is married). The guy becomes a bit infatuated with bike girl and at first she couldn't give a damn about him. Then things change, girlfriend finds out about bike girl AND another gal. Bike girl sits her sex buddies down to let them know she can't be sleeping with them anymore. Like I mentioned before, it's not so bad of a movie. I give it 3 Daisy- girls.
  • The Magdalene Sisters: I had seen this movie playing for some time on Starz, only I never really got around to reading the description of it until last week, so I recorded it. Wow, can I say wow? This movie is a heavy movie. I'm still shaking my head that girls and women went through what they went through. I won't really get into the details of this movie because I feel that it should be a movie that YOU should watch. Just be cautious that it was based on a real place and according to one of the women still alive, this movie was pretty mild compared to what they went through in real life. It's quite a sad movie and it doesn't really let up from there. For a bit I thought everything would be better after one of the girl's brother comes and gets her, but it doesn't. The main girls get happy endings (if you really want to call it that), but overall, this is a movie that is a bit over 2 hours long, but it is well worth it. Usually, if I'm watching a movie, and I need to go to the restroom or go get a snack, I let it play. With this one, I either paused it, or had to rewind it to see what I missed. If I could, I would give this movie a higher rating that 5 Daisy- girls, but that is as high as my ratings go. I may have to make a new category ratings for movies that I hold dear to my heart, and this is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment