Friday, August 2, 2013

DVR recorded movie ratings #16

The past few days have been a blur at times. I really don't see where the time has gone considering I haven't done much lately. I need to find myself and star to do things I have enjoyed in the past. I love to cook and I do cook, but not as often as I would like. I've been looking at recipes, which most look good and I've bookmarked them, so maybe one day I will get the courage to REALLY try something different. My hubby is not complaining about my cooking, he loves it, I only wish I had more motivation to want to try something new and different. Enough about me, let's get into talking about some movies.
  • In Search Of A Midnight Kiss: I'm kicking myself about this movie. I was SO sure I had typed out a review of this movie when I saw it a few weeks ago. I went back in my blog, but could not find it. So this was on a few days ago and I wanted to see what I had written about it. Well, I hadn't. How the fuck this movie went past me without having written anything about it had me baffled. I even mentioned it to my hubby, because he watched this movie with me and liked it. The movie is set on New Year's Eve and a single guy who is living with my friend and his girlfriend. The friend suggests the single guy post a personal ad to find a date, so he won't be so lonely. He hesitates, but finally does it. He gets a response and meets up with a gal. It's quite funny, because she questions him a bit then tells him to go sit at another table cause another potential date had arrived. After turning the second guy down, the gal and him then take on the getting to know you phase by walking and talking throughout Los Angeles (love it!). She is testing him and he isn't too sure of how he should be responding to her. They argue, decide to go their separate ways, but never really do. There are a few other mishaps going on, some quite funny. But in the end, she reveals that she is pregnant. He does get his midnight kiss and something afterwards. I give this movie 4 Daisy-girls.
  • Conception: This was not a recorded movie, but something that was on late at night (1:30am) and I figured I would watch it and fall asleep. I think this movie had gotten a two star rating, but we actually enjoyed it. It has to do with about 5 couples who are either trying to get pregnant, or get pregnant (prepared for it or not). I wouldn't consider this a typical aww, I want to have a baby movie. Ok, well it had very little of it, but it was more of the (funny and not so funny) obstacles couples have gone through to make this happen. This movie wasn't all too serious, so it didn't really tug at my heart, except for a few moments, but overall it was pretty enjoyable. I give this movie 4 Daisy-girls.
  • The Chorus: This was another unrecorded movie that we watched during a nice lunch I had prepared that consisted of chik-n wraps with mushrooms, lettuce, ranch dressing, and tomato, accompanied by a strawberry and banana smoothie. Yum, I'm getting hungry as I'm typing this out. Anyway, We didn't catch the first few minutes of this movie, but it's a French film that was sadly dubbed. It was still a good movie, but I prefer subtitles over dubbed movies. It has to do with a new teacher at an all boys boarding school where the headmaster is a hard-ass to the boys and the staff.  The teacher gets through the boys by having them in a choir, which the headmaster sees as a waste of time. The teacher never really wanted anything for himself, just the best for the boys. A countess comes to listen to them sing and the headmaster is hating the idea, but  smiles when she shows up. When the headmaster is away to get recognition of how well he is heading the school by the countess, he gets a call saying there is an emergency at the school. Turns out the school was on fire by a boy he had previously mistreated and had kicked out and had had arrested for supposedly stealing from him. In the end the new teacher is fired (he had taken the boys on a nature walk and had left school grounds), due to what the headmaster called negligence of the school. Meaning if they had been on the grounds the fire wouldn't have occurred. As the teacher walks out, there is a voice-over about how he never got a chance to say good-bye to the boys. As he turns the corner, he notices there are a lot of paper airplanes on the ground and when he looks up, he sees a lot more flying down. He opens a few of them and there are notes written from the boys to the teacher. He ends up walking to the bus stop, where soon one of his students tells the teacher that he wants to go with him. After saying no repeatedly, the teacher gives in and brings the boy on board. It was a Saturday. I give this movie 5 Daisy-girls.
  • The Child: This is another French film, but with subtitles. I didn't like it. At all. It has to do with an asshole who has kids steal for him, then he gives them a cut of however much he makes from the stolen goods. Then there is a gal who is carrying a baby and trying to find this asshole because it turns out she JUST GOT released from the hopsital with her NEWBORN baby, who belongs to the asshole. When she finally finds him, he doesn't even seem ecstatic, then we learn that he never even went to go visit her at the hospital and he wasn't even there for the delivery. She wants to go to her place, but the asshole has sublet it out to some guy who can get his fuck on with a girl. So the new mom and baby have to sleep in a shelter for a few nights. She questions him about getting a job and he claims that "working is for losers". Uhm, then what the FUCK are you asshole?! Well, it turns out that he mentions he is a dad to one of his sellers and the lady makes a remark on how baby selling is a big thing and you can get a lot of money. While waiting in line to get food stamps (I think) the mom suggests to the asshole to take the baby for a walk. He does, then he calls the lady about selling the baby...which he does, without any hesitation. He ends up meeting back with mom  and she asks about the baby. This good for nothing asshole deadbeat dad nonchalantly tells her, "I sold him, I got good money." She argues with him and ends up fainting twice. He then has to carry her to the hospital where she told the nurses what he did to the baby. He gets questioned by the police and he denies everything stating that they got in an argument and she was upset with him, so she made up lies. Afraid of going to jail, he calls the lady back and says he made a mistake and wants the baby back. He then takes the baby back to the hospital and is reunited with the mom. The asshole gets into more shit, and involves one of the kids he uses to steal with. The asshole tries to reconcile with the mom, but she's not having any of it. He then goes to visit the kid in jail and he finally admits that he is the one stealing and that's where the movie ends. I did not like this movie whatsoever. He needed to get a beating, raped, murdered...something, not just confess to stealing merchandise. Nothing was mentioned about stealing or selling the baby. I don't know how this movie had a rating of 3 stars. I give this movie 1 Daisy-girl, if that.

No comments:

Post a Comment