Sunday, January 20, 2013

Continuing with the movie weekend

A-ha! I have returned but once, not twice, but three times to posting in only two days. Thrilling, isn't it? Well at least to me it is. Continuing with my movie viewing from my recordings this weekend, here are two more movies:
  • The Extra Man: This movie is a bit strange and sad. It stars Paul Dano, Kevin Kline, John C. Reilly (great in Wreck-It Ralph), and a few others. Paul Dano gets caught at his job trying on a student's bra and is suggested that he move on to another job. So he heads over to New York where he rents a room from Kevin  (I thought he was hilarious in this role), who is a gigolo (but don't tell him that) to older woman he can cares less about. He teaches Paul how to sneak into a broadway show and how to pee outside in public by being discreet. Kevin  also has these pet peeves about stuff, like no fornicating in the apartment, and how one should not do so unless married, which Paul  questions him on, but is quick to ignore the question. Katie Holmes plays his crush, but she finds him to be a bit odd. Oh, then there is John C. Reilly's character who looks like a caveman and has a very horrible (dare I say it?) girl's voice who is going through puberty and an old lady at the same time. Moving on, Paul  has had dreams in which he dresses like a transvestite and finds someone who can give him a make-over. Only then does he realize that he doesn't like the way he looks like a girl and decides that he is better off being man. By then Kevin  walks in through the door and disapproves of what he sees telling Paul he needs to move out ASAP. Somehow, they reconcile and Paul brings Kevin baubles (which he likes) and Paul doesn't have to move out. If you want to have a couple of chuckles, I recommend this movie 2 Daisy-girls.
  • Prosecuting Casey Anthony: This movie made me upset, as I'm sure it did many other people all over again about this case. Besides knowing the obvious ending, I felt that it focused too much on Rob Lowe's attorney character. By the way, can that man ever look bad?!? He is some hot stuff. Anyway, sorry for the distraction, but as I was saying, there wasn't much focus on Casey Anthony or Caylee. I felt that it made me question this whole case all over again and got nowhere. I thought they were going to show them questioning her and catching her in her lies before she was arrested. I wasn't really much into this case as the nation or my best friend was at the time it was happening, but I went to Crime Library and read about it. That girl is such a liar and everything else that goes with it. If you want unsatisfactory results and too much focus on the everyone else besides the person who this movie is named after, go see it. I give it 1 Daisy-girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment